sábado, 17 de septiembre de 2011

Paltiel spoke to me about literature, about his own writing “A creator should also be a critic,” he said, “but the criticism must come later. My trouble is that before I even write three words I´m already filled with questions about what my pen wants to express and I try in advance to justify and smooth over everything. You asked me in one of your letters why I use such long sentences and enclose so many comments in parentheses. It´s my critical nature. Actually, analysis is the sickness of man. When Adam and Eve ate of the tree of knowledge, they became critics and analysis and perceived that they were naked. All the current works written about sex have evoked an epidemic of impotence. Economists have interfered with the world economy until they´ve brought about inflation in every country. It´s the same with the so-called exact sciences. I don´t believe in all those particles of atoms they keep discovering. The human brain has imposed its own lunacies upon Nature, or Nature herself has eaten of the tree of knowledge and gone crazy. Who knows? It may be that God has gone into psychoanalysis and therefore.

Isaac Bashevis Singer, “One Night in Brazil”

No hay comentarios: